Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, 
we must carry it with us or we find it not."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


I have the pleasure of knowing a pottery artist named Ben Behunin. He is not only a gifted potter, but also a remarkable soul. He asked the question, “Have you ever gone looking for something, only to discover it’s been right under your nose the whole time?”  
Today as I write down the directions for this simple little picture, I am reminded that I don’t need to look far to discover that this is a happy day! Why?  Because I’m surrounded by goodness everywhere. My family, my friends, loving pets, future friends that I have not yet met, and the privilege of living in this marvelous country. 
The list goes on and on, I just need to remember to keep my eyes wide open and be consciously aware of this goodness all around me.


1 comment:

  1. So good to reminded that we need to be grateful for all that we have!

    ReplyDelete