Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pot of Posies

 
 
 
First of all let me say.......I just had the best visit with my brother-in-law.  Oh my, what a good way to start off my day.  We always share many laughs.......and do I ever love to laugh!  Paul lives in Oregon and checks in every now and then.
 
Speaking of laughing, much laughter rang out through the retreat at Bryce Canyon.  We were all so happy to be there......very light hearted and so delighted to be sewing and creating.
 
 
Now about the quilt pictured above.  It is the latest pattern that has been put on my web site.  I wanted to show you this one made by Leslie Ison, so that you can see another option for the quilt.  She has used an aqua check for her alternate block and a yellow for her background behind the flowers......and then her choice for the border really set it off.  What a charming retro looking quilt.  Her daughter-in-law has chosen it.  My 2 daughters also chose quilts of this variety.  The 30's reproduction fabrics remain some of my favorite.  I'm always disappointed when stores discontinue caring them.
 
 
I am pleased to announce that the pattern for my new quilt, How Does Your Garden Grow, is safely in the hands of my skilled graphic designer, Alisa Quist.  She expects it to be completed by the end of the week. I have several other projects to start. With free time to sew at the retreat, I was able to start one of them.  I'm looking forward to sewing time today. 
 
Now it is time to announce the winners of the monthly drawing.  There were so many who entered, so I've decided to have 3 winners.  They are- Sue Dynneson, Doreen Brannan and Mary Flynn.  Please email me your addresses  at  norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com 
 
Enjoy the day with all of it's many possibilities.  :-)
 
 
"You know, all that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy.  Everything else is just sprinkles on the sundae".    -Paul Walker
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment