Thursday, March 6, 2014

Just a little show and tell...

 
 
Good Morning!  I'm back at the retreat at Bryce Canyon.  I thought I'd better get these finished up before I leave to attend and teach at the next retreat, held in Midway, Utah at a beautiful resort called Zermott.......I'll be sure to take pictures.
 
Here is an adorable little quilt which was made by Leslie and which she uses as a table topper.  The colors are so wonderfully vintage and mellow.  It was a great hand sewing project, as all of the petals are hand appliqued.
 
 
 
 
Leslie had a new grand baby and these are 2 baby quilts she made for the new little girl baby.  These are the choices made by the mother......fresh and contemporary.
 

 
 
We arrived at the retreat early, so that we could have some down time to sew with friends,  I'm working on some stars for a quilt I hope to finish up on today.  I've been working on the appliqued border.
 

 
 
 
Paula McKinley is hiding behind this sweet little clam shell quilt which she made for a baby quilt.  I attended her class for a bit so that I could pick up on the great tips she had to share.  Hope to try this out one day.
 
 
I spoke with my daughter Abbie yesterday, and she has ordered a grow light to get her little seedlings started for her vegetable garden.  Both she and Chad love to garden.  In Ohio, where they live it has still been cold and wintry, but she thinks it might be about to end, and she has SPRING fever!
 
 
"I love Spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden".  -Ruth Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment