Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Visit From a Friend....

 
 
My friend Shanna came to visit and this is what she brought.  She is planning to hand quilt it, and was asking for advice.
 


Notice all of the detail for each month......and the quilt block barn signs for each month.  There is amazing detail, and I'm certain she had fun tracking down just the perfect fabric.  I apologize that some of the photos are a bit blurry.  I know you've become familiar with my photography expertise by now.
 

 
 


 




 

 





 







 
And here is my lowly nine patch from the blocks I mentioned on my blog yesterday.  The ladies who contributed the blocks enjoyed colors that are not normally in my color choice, but just the same it is a warm and cuddly napping quilt....and it is hand quilted!
 
I have a big day ahead of me so this will be short and sweet.
 
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bow lines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore. Dream. Discover."   -Mark Twain


2 comments:

  1. I love your barns!!! Your blog is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barn blocks are so interesting. You see something different each time you look.

    ReplyDelete