Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I'm happy to be back.....

 
 
Abbie and I arrived home Sunday evening after a long day of driving........actually after several long days!  :-)  We had a few memorable and wonderful days together.  The quilt show was good for us, and I could not have done it without my side kick.  We went really loaded down and the convention people unloaded everything for us, placed it on their motorized carts and brought it to our booth space.  because of their marvelous efficient help, Abbie and I had time to walk to Little Italy, and feasted on all kinds of goodness....but that's for another day.  We'll start at the beginning.
 
The night before leaving at 4:50 in the morning......
 


As you can see we were loaded down.  We had one little area open in the car so we could see out the back window.  The best part was that this was all unloaded in about 10 minutes.....it was awesome, as both of us were starving and had visions of Little Italy floating around in our heads.
 

 
A few photo's of our booth before the opening on Wed. evening.

 
As you can see......packed full.
 
 
And here is my adorable Abbie, getting in a last minute communication with her hubby.

 
We came with many kits.  We sold out of this one almost immediately.  I needed to come home and make a few more for orders.  By this one, I mean the Counting Sheep.  One lady bought it to make for her Pastor as the name of their church was The Good Shepard of the Valley.

 
I didn't have kits for this one as its so easily accomplished using your bits and pieces.  However, we sold out of patterns.

 
 

 
There were many who hand applique, as I also sold out of this book.  So we are re ordering once again.
 
Abbie and I met so many warm and lovely people, and we hope to participate one again next year.
We left behind a trunk show for the Country Loft.  They are offering a block of the month for How Does Your Garden Grow.   I took many pictures of the quilt show to share with you, and also the 2 antique quilts I was fortunate to purchase.
 
Remember to morrow is the day for my drawing.
 
The following quote was sent to me by Candy Sharpe....a new friend I met in San Diego.
 
"Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts"   -Dickens
 

11 comments:

  1. San Diego enjoyed having you here in our great city! Your booth was beautiful. So pleased to hear will join us again!!

    jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a successful show and got to spend quality time with Abbie! Love the way you did the booth. Great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your booth looks wonderful and love the circle quilt, nice project with the circles as a lap project and then the piecing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote and ALL your pictures. Sounds like the show was a huge success. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip for you to share. Lots of work and lots of success!
    can't wait to hear about Little Italy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your booth looks amazing. Love your patterns. Happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your booth looking great! Wish I could have been there to see it. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why sales were so good. Your display is so appealing. Really gets the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a great road trip and a lovely looking booth. I picked up the recent Quiltmania magazine that had two or your projects in and hope to add them to my already lengthy to do list.

    Glad you and Abbie had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed getting to meet you and admire all your wonderful quilts in person.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely booth - and I do love the warm colours of all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete