Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm so glad their are Autumns

 
 
It is all the little things that is the stuff that life is made of.....The smell of wood smoke now that it's cold enough to build a fire....pumpkins appearing on porches.......the crimson and gold with still a touch of green of the leaves, and yes, the burning bush and the Virginia Creeper displaying nature's splendor.  Oh, Life Is Good....to share with us all of nature's many blessings.
 
 
 
Here is Autumn Sky......complete and ready for the graphic artist to do her work on the pattern.

 
The wonderful little stripe in the sashing is a Diamond Textile    it was just the ticket for this quilt.

 
The plaid on the border was another wonderful Diamond Textile....It was perfect to frame this quilt.

 
The new applique design I am working on is growing.......I am presently working on the next section which is applique.  I want to have plenty of hand work ready for our trip to Ohio this week.  It's finally time for us to meet our adorable new little grand baby.  :-)

 
My fabric purchases from our little overnight trip to Logan.  There is quite the assortment.


 One can never have enough plaid......and some of these were on the sale table at Sweet Lavender's.
 

 
I picked up the jack-o-lantern fabric so that I can make Wyatt a pillow case when he moves into a big bed......I'm really thinking ahead aren't I?

 
The Silent Night quilt I designed is on the cover of Keepsake Quilting.  I noticed that the kits they are making are from wooly flannels, where I used wool.

 
And on the inside cover is the Woodland Tree skirt.  Without the split this would be a great table topper.
 
"Renew thyself completely each day: Do it again, and again, and forever again."
-   Chinese inscription cited by Thoreau in Waldon Pond
 
Tomorrow I will share with you are stop at Black Sheep Woolens......It was inspiring.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful new designs--especially the appliqué. How fun to have your quilt on the cover of Keepsake. I suppose they use the Woolie's to make the kit more affordable, but the light back can cause problems unless the edge is turned. And wool is so much more fun to stitch! Little Wyatt is going to have an adorable pillowcase when he is ready for that bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Peggy's store for awhile - I'll have to stop in and check out her sale fabric! Enjoy your trip to Ohio - I'm headed to CA - fun to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new quilts are wonderful! Homespuns, Ohio Stars and sunflowers are favorites of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making the cover of Keepsake Quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete