Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It's raining......

 
 
......wonder if it will turn to snow........I would like A glistening, clean covering of snow.  After all. it is the season.  The quote on my new pattern is by Lewis Carol....."I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently!  And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt."  That is the kind of snow I'm hoping for......gently falling.  :-)
 
 
 
Yesterday, I made a feeble attempt at making my porch a bit festive for the season.  I purchased this wooden box at a thrift store in Ohio.  It was my carry on when boarding the airplane.  I received a few strange looks......I don't know if they wanted to snatch it from me because it's so awesome......or what is that crazy lady doing with that old box.  Well, it is now one of my prized treasures!

 
Another one of my prized treasures is this old sled I purchased a few years ago It was the trip where my friend Susan purchased this wonderful rusty old bike with baskets.  It came home with us strapped to the roof of my car.  It traveled a thousand miles there.  Talk about strange looks......it looks wonderful in her flower garden with flowers trailing from the baskets.  An awesome find!
 

 
Also, I tucked all of my fall quilts and pillows away, and placed a new quilt on the bench by the front door, and perched my cat decked out in her red sweater as the official greeter.  It was a start.....hoping there will be more to follow.
 
 
At our little quilt gathering, Trudy showed us her new Christmas quilt that she is working on.  It is a Primitive Gatherings design from a few years ago.

 
Maybe when we meet next, I'll be able to show you the progress.
 
Yesterday, Sandi Withite, supplied we with this quote by Dr. Seuss.  "You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself any direction you choose."  Well said......Here's hoping you have a marvelous day! :-)
 
To those who called and pre ordered Winter Wonderland quilts......they are on their way to your sewing rooms.....Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. They definitely wanted to snatch the wooden box. What a treasure! ! Your decorations are lovely and the little cat is sooo cute! Love the primitive Santa quilt! Aways a pleasure to read your posts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you for your natural talent for decorating for the seasons, the porch looks gorgeous. I think your cat doll is just adorable, is she a pattern?

    ReplyDelete