Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I'm back.....

 
 
 
On this past Thursday eve. my computer malfunctioned and has been in the shop for a few days.  I have received notes asking if I was sick or had some misfortune.....I am fine.  :-)  I have a hate - love thing going with the computer, and came to realize just how much I rely on it.  When I last wrote I said I would continue with the show and tell from our quilt group.
 
 
Valerie, who was the star of the previous post, continues to shine with this wonderfully busy, folk art Christmas quilt by Cherie Payne.  This looks like it would be so enjoyable to  make.

 
Part pieced and part applique....a wonderful combination.



 
We all loved this pieced quilt and thought it would be a quick and easy quilt top to put together.
 
 
Here is our sweet adorable little visitor who came with her grandma.  She completed these two hexi blocks.
 


Leslie returned after her month long trip through Europe with her husband.  When she was packing she had more sewing in her back pack than she had clothing.......she completed this pattern of mine and has been knitting slippers for all of her grandchildren.  She said the pattern is found on Ravelry and the slippers are called duffers.
 

 
"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."  -John Wooden
 
 


3 comments:

  1. It's SEW nice to have you back...and as usual, you have provided us with tons of eye candy!! Thanks, I needed that!!:o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilts! I like the look of a pieced and appliqued quilt. I see a future quilter in your little guest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie is doing a lovely job on Cheri's Christmas quilt.

    What a little hexie star!

    Love your friends bunny quilt you designed and the slippers look cozy!

    ReplyDelete