Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A fine summer day......




...and to avoid the heat I've been sewing.   Oh for the joy! :-


This is the new quilt which I've started....


...and it's growing.


I have this layer cake of Barbara Brackman blues, courtesy of Moda.  The first person to email me, will receive the fabric.  I have a little story to share, a patter Ben Behuin, spoke to us at a retreat.  "He said, I've heard about jelly rolls and layer cakes. and I'm concerned that you ladies will have fat quarters!"

  
While at the retreat at Spring Green, we stayed at the Spring Green Motel.  It has been refurbished at it was clean and comfortable.  It is located on the edge of the little town, and their flowers were absolutely beautiful.  We stayed here because the retreat center located above the shop was already occupied.


A gazebo to hang out and visit.



A perfect place to have breakfast.




The classy chicken coop....


.....there were several chickens and a duck.


Mr. Rooster woke us in the morning with his cock-a-doodle-do.


There was also a beautiful garden free of weeds.



Flowers outside the Gathering Room where a light breakfast was offered.  We had fabulous home cooked breakfast's offered to us at the retreat.



Mr. Tin Man residing over the garden.

I find time to read every day, and I have a new inspiration from the series I am reading..."Decide not to let life happen to you.  Go out and make life happen......live life fully."




10 comments:

  1. I shall have to remember the saying regarding fat quarters to pass on to my quilting pals... too cute! Thank you for the opportunity to win.
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a lovely place for a retreat! Gorgeous gardens, great food and wonderful quilts!! Sounds perfect!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new project. Can't wait to see the finished project. I'm sure it will be lovely. Happy sewing. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, I hope I am the first comment. Love those fabrics and would love to win them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gardens are beautiful and love love your new project. Am I the first to email?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place to enjoy a retreat! I'm sure the creativity was sparked by those views.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I live outside of Madison, not far from Spring Green, yes, a great shop. Love your new quilt. Hope I win. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I'm responding to the right place! Would LOVE to win the blue layer cake from Barbara Brackman...I love her fabrics!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been first in my life. I would love to accept the blue fabrics😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous garden pictures. Absolutely LOVE the quilt you're working on. Enjoyed trying to figure out the piecing and then the different color value combinations. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete