Thursday, March 30, 2017

I missed.....



....yesterdays blog entry.  Yesterday was one of those over the top busy days, but I'm back.


This is the new Bits and Bobs project on Facebook.  It is 16 inches square.  It is shown here on the back of a chair.  I like it here so much I might need to add ties so that I can keep it there.  We tried it out on a small table top and liked it there also.



I spent some of my day yesterday making these needle keeps.  They were fun and easy to make and will make nice little gifts.


This is on one of our many jaunts through a thrift store.  I was hunting for an early Easter bonnet.....a few frills upon it!  I have a thing for hats.  I enjoyed myself immensely watching the last royal wedding......all of those outlandish and marvelous hats!



In one of the antique shops there were many quilts.....and I especially likes this star quilt and would love to make one sometime.


Quilts and more quilts...


I'm not sure what's going on here.


This two colored Ocean Wave quilt was especially nice.


Most all of these were hand quilted.......many tiny little stitches.


Minimal hand quilting on this one.


This one is soft and lovely.


I was considering this very block today for a new applique project I will soon be starting on.


Really nicely done, but it has been worn and loved.


I have seen this in antique quilt books and it is called Wagon Wheels.  A creative concept.

"Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness."
- Martin Luther King Jr.


3 comments:

  1. You must enjoy the Kentucky Derby also -- many wonderful hats (some elegant, some outlandish)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun show of antique quilts. And such a rich quote from Martin Luther King Jr. Have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet needle keep. Is it your pattern?

    ReplyDelete