Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I've spent my day......



.....cutting kits and trying to get organized.  After completing several new projects, you should see the mass chaos that exists!  I can't function for long like this.  It is time to create some order out of all the mess.


This new design is now quilted, the binding is on, and waiting to be introduced at the retreat I will be attending in August, in Kansas City, Missouri.  The retreat is called Primitives of the Midwest.


You guessed it, more of the Amana charm.


No, this is not a lamp shade.




And old time General Store.


I remember my mother washing laundry with bars of home made soap.




Another day and time.


These kind of stores always cause me to be a bit nostalgic for a simpler time.  They also bring to thoughts, The Little House On the Prarrie books.







Imagine purchasing our fabric off shelves like this.....all flat folds.


A little of this and a little of that! :-)


And this all began in 1858.

The quote I used the other day about life not being all bliss, but thanking the Lord for the ride.  I gave credit to the wrong individual.  I was corrected by one of the readers of this blog, and thank you for that.  The person who deserves the credit is Jenkin Lloyd Jones.

I'll sign off this post with a quote shared by Dale Conley.
"Failure is success if you learn from it.  You have to continue to grow or you'll be just like last night corn bread - stale and dry!"



2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your Amana Colony posts. I discovered them in the early 1970's while traveling between Omaha and Pittsburgh. Spent many special days there. Plan to return this Summer and I will check this little store while there. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma, I love your new table runner. What a talented lady you are. Thanks for sharing your travel pictures with us all. Makes me want to take that trip.
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete