Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Inspiration from my little quilt group....






We met at Diane's home, and we enjoyed seeing these beautiful thirties reproduction quilts hanging over her banister.  So cheery for summer.  I made this particular pattern and my daughter Abbie laid claim to it.


Barbara has been a mentor to many quilters.....me included.

Many of these fabrics are feed sack.  How do I know, because I shared some of mine with her.


Gaylyn, has been busy.  We all loved this two colored Bear Paw design.


These traditional quilts remain some of my most favorite.


I especially love the off set setting style of this quilt.


This is Diane's masterpiece.....absolutely love it.


Most of her quilts are hand pieced, and of course hand quilted.


Gaylyn, has just returned from a visit to Viet Nam, so she also had purchases from her trip to share with us. When my daughter Katrina taught English in Viet Nam, her sister Abbie and I met her there for a visit.  That was probably about 10 years ago.  We found it to be a marvelous place, and found it to be very friendly and quite inexpensive.  I would go once again in a heartbeat.


This hand embroidered bag was a favorite.


All of these items were hand embroidered.


As you can see, the work is exquisite.

"Everything changes the hour you realize that there are exactly enough minutes for the important things in life." - Ben Behunin


3 comments:

  1. What talented ladies in your little quilt group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ticking Diane used for her border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful quilts! the quilt you made, is there a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete