Thursday, September 21, 2017

Taking time to begin decorating....


....for my favorite season, Autumn.


A year ago in traveling home from teaching in Illinois, I purchased this basket with the autumn foliage.  I decided to tuck the black cat into the front of it.


A collection of Autumn Time goodness.



This little wall hanging is now quilted and ready to be bound.  The verse, "Grow old with me, the best is yet to come,"  inspired this creation.  It also represents, choose your love, and love your choice.


The grand dogs and their mom came for a visit.  Here is sweet Annie licking her plate clean.


And her house buddie Oliver taking care to clean his plate.  This is part of their ritual and treat in visiting us.  Oh, how we love these dogs.


A dear friend sent me this sweet needle keep which she made.  What a happy surprise.


I prepared it with all of the necessities for stitching on this last trip.


My friend Leslie made me this stitching pillow for me, and I love it!  It is firmly stuffed and fits, in you lap to provide a great foundation for hand work.  Most importantly it keeps me from crossing my legs, which makes life much easier for my hip joints.


The ties on the side aid in securing your scissors in the pocket.  Everything about this is just perfect and really meets my needs.  I'm all set and feeling happy! 

"What you give a woman, she will make greater.  If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.  If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.  If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.  If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.  She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her."  Erik S Gray



3 comments:

  1. A stitching pillow. What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a stitching pillow and love it too. I just read your post this evening. This morning I was putting out a few of my Autumn stitchings. Great minds ... !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching pillow looks fabulous! And I can understand how helpful it would be. Is there a pattern or more information you can share, please.

    ReplyDelete