Thursday, April 19, 2018

Flowers in Bloom.....



.....is what I shared in my last post.  Well, a lot changed very quickly.  I woke up to snow......craziness!


I was so pleased to be able to stay hunkered down in side!


And 24 hours later, the blue skies and sunshine has returned.  The snow had again disappeared and we are left with much good moisture.


I have a few more photos from the museum.


This simple quilt gives evidence that women used what they had to make comforts to keep their family's warm.




What an incredibly beautiful cross stitched top on this quilt.


The quilting is equally beautiful!




The popularity of quilts created from hexagons and English Paper Piecing seems to endure.




"Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles....Notice them."


6 comments:

  1. These are such beautiful quilts. That first one has a wonderful homely quality to it. It looks well cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your museum visit is wonderful. The four patch is similar to one I saw in northern Indiana last fall. Also with the dark red alternate blocks. The Indiana quilt had the four patch in a square in a square set on point. It, too, was very scrappy and striking to view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog
    blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do
    you have any tips and hints for rookie blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful info particularly the last part :) I care for such info a lot.
    I was looking for this certain information for a very
    long time. Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly love your website.. Very nice colors & theme.
    Did you develop this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm wanting to create my own personal website and would love to know where you got
    this from or what the theme is called. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete