Tuesday, June 19, 2018

An eventful week end.......




…….we celebrated Chad's birthday, enjoyed a visit with Bruce's cousins from California and then wound up the celebrating with Father's Day.  I also finished the quilt which I will be teaching at the retreat at Quilter's Station in August.  This is a marvelous retreat, so see if you can't find a way to tuck it into your schedule.
I would share the photo of the new Quilt, but I'm having problems downloading pictures.....Have I mentioned what a vexation the computer is to me???!!!


I finally took a minute to change out some of my quilts, and to celebrate the season of summer and the flag.  This is one of my favorite quilts called 'Land That I Love.'  The pillow was made by a friend and given to me many years ago.


Liberty...….a pillow I made many moons ago.  I continue to love it.


I purchased this box centerpiece piece in Shipshawana, at the store The Thankful Heart.  It is nicely displaying some of my favorite summertime items...….all made by me.  The Patriotic cat stands at the back waving the flag, the crow and the watermelon are from an old Kindred Spirits book, and the patriotic stars which is one of my designs, along with the flag waving cat, fill out the container.  Notice the little drawer on the bottom right.   Wow, that sentence above is could certainly be called a long rambling sentence.


This is one of the projects which I taught last year at the retreat in Quilter's Station.  This was actually a table runner, but Linda Runolfson turned it into a square by adding an extra 2 corners with the pumpkins.  It always makes me so happy to see quilters who expand on my original design.  This pattern is called 'Follow the Sun.'


Som kind quilter sent me this picture of the second Navajo quilt which she made from my 'Navajo Code Talker pattern.  It turned out beautifully, and she was one of the many quilters who masterfully expanded on my design.


I'm lame, I can't figure out how to rotate this picture today, so just turn your head to see the beautiful way in which Ana, expanded on the original 'Seasons' quilt pattern.  This is just stunning.


And, doesn't this quilt sparkle?  This is Josephine Keasler's, version of Silent Night.  She loves bright colors and had the vision to change it to honor her tastes, and be true to her vision. This is from the class I taught at Quilt's Etc., where I will be teaching this evening.


And last but certainly not least, we'll do our neck exercises again to see my sweet friend Kassi's completed 'Garden Whimsy'. Posting all of these many quilts has given me a happy heart for sure.

I am one of the most unlikely people to write a blog with my lack of expertise.  However, Blessings to all of you who still follow me blog.  When I grow up I hope to do better.

Success

"If you want to be successful, it's just this simple.  Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing." - Will Rogers     As for me I love what I'm doing, but as to the computer skills, I certainly do not know half of the time what I am doing. Have a great week everyone.


4 comments:

  1. Would love to come see you in KC but my husband is retiring that month and my sister is in the process of setting up her new home. Hopefully next year ... fingers crossed! Your works are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and you're doing much better than I ever could. 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing as you do. All of the quilts and accessories make my heart happy!! And all of us can use some neck exercise from time to time...ha! I have the same relationship with my devices; I do okay most of the time, but sometimes I get stumped. I'm glad you didn't let it get in the way of sharing all the beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love receiving your emails. Your home and quilts are beautiful. I don’t understand why some pictures go side ways and some don’t. I just think of it as a small neck stretch, lol. ��

    ReplyDelete