Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I had the best morning.......



……..at a local quilt shop called Quilt's Etc. picking out fabric for a kit for The Virginia Reel Quilt which I will be teaching there.  I enjoyed so much looking through all of those beautiful bolts of fabric.
My heart pitter patters at such a rate with the stimulation of all that gorgeous fabric and I hyperventilate just a bit too!  I'm so looking forward to spending time with all of those signed up for the class.


The border fabric was chosen and ordered from Diamond Textiles.  Those signed up for the class are anxious to use this fabric.


The vine fabric is in demand also, except it is an old fabric from my stash.  However, I picked out a marvelous substitute.


This is a great pattern to dig through your scraps.....so of those odd, kind of ugly and forgotten scraps will blend nicely with the kit.  After all, everyone finds joy and stimulation with a few new pieces of fabric.


Customers are also anxious for a kit for The Porch quilt.  The border which I used was an old fabric from my stash which is no longer available.  However, we found another beautiful Diamond Textiles fabric that will be a marvelous substitute and offer the same color appeal.  We also picked out many complimentary fabrics and  a beautiful Kona red.




Take notice of the stunning quilting which was chosen to accent this quilt by the machine quilter, who I am so fortunate to have. The quilting can either enhance or detract.  Karen always makes me happy!


Now, I'm back sharing pictures from the antique shop I mention in a prior post from Shipshawana. 




The shop had many amazing quilt books from days gone by.


And many sets of antique blocks.  I was tempted by many of them.


This basket quilt makes a gorgeous back drop for these beautiful quilt holders.


I'm partial to cats, and this one is a beauty and does not shed...….but then it doesn't purr either.  This is no substitute for the real thing.


More sets of blocks.  If I when I was visiting there, I would have enjoyed digging through the piles of quilts and all of the old books.  Maybe next time.
Courage
"Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
-Mary Anne Radmacher


No comments:

Post a Comment