Friday, June 22, 2018

Those Lazy - hazy - days of summer......





…….My oh my, it is nearly July.  I've been so occupied that I've just about missed June.  I mean to savor every day, but some days I just don't understand where the day has gone.

For one thing I have never experienced boredom.  Even as a child I had something that seemed to interest me, especially having grown up on a farm.  There has always been books to read, gardening with my mother, then canning.....collecting night crawlers for my childhood business, and then fishing, and swimming, and work which was assigned to children growing up on a farm.  Enough of that rambling, but the point being there is always much to occupy our attention as life goes speeding by.


I finally found the time to hang up my Let Freedom Ring banner.

 
for some reason this quilt has been of interest lately, so I stopped to make more kits.


I have some pictures to share from our celebration of life in Katrina and Jess's back yard.  It seems like last week, and it was actually for mother's day.  I am always a bit thrilled when I see the girls enjoying one of my quilts.


Our daughter Abbie and her husband Chad, recently purchased a house across the street.  So the girls are enjoying being neighbors.  And to complete the picture we have dear Annie and Bruce.


The girls have taken a real interest in Gardening.  Just the tip of Annie's nose is in the right hand corner.






Here is the bee hive tucked away in the corner.  The garden is well pollinated, along with the peach tree, and it is always surprising how much honey they collect off of this little hive.



Their homes are located near down town, so they bike and walk to their destination frequently.  Abbie's bike is equipped with several baskets for her grocery shopping.





Summer Days.....a pattern to be given to the first person to respond to norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com 


"My first word of advise is this, say yes.  In fact, say yes as often as you can.  Saying yes begins things.  Saying yes is how things grow.  Saying yes leads to new experiences.  And new experiences will lead to knowledge and wisdom.  Yes is for young people, and an attitude of yes is how you will be able to go forward in these uncertain times."
- Michael Hogan

And so when a couple of friends asked me to take the week end and drive up to Idaho with them, to investigate quilt stores, go antiquing and eat at fun restaurants, "I said YES!"

I'll report back on the adventures on Monday.  Say yes, to week end fun.....:-)


6 comments:

  1. Oh my! Have a fabulous weekend! What great timing too ... Friends just asked me to go with them on a new-to-me quilt retreat and I said, "YES!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the winner of your pattern will be so pleased. What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew fun to see your family! Love your quilts and your colors! Tha nks so much for sharing with us! "Summer Days" pattern is lovely! Have a great weekend! Waiting for the pictures......!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norma: I enjoy your blog very much. I would very much like to have your Summer Days pattern. Would be a great stash buster quilt.
    Louverna


    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma, it must be so exciting having your family right across the street. I would love it. Would it be possible to do a post or email me with more details on the bee hive. It looks quite different from those I see around Virgiinia.

    ReplyDelete