Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Birds Of A Feather.......




This is one of the latest quilts I have made.  It is called Birds Of A Feather, and is being offered as a free pattern to the first person to email me with their mailing address.  norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com  Pam Dolan from Ohio was the winner of yesterdays pattern.


Here the quilt is shown as a back drop for my Autumn Pillows.  It is also available for naps on the couch, as they do occur.  The red pillows are there to prevent heads being placed on the applique pillows.


More War and Pieced quilts.








 A very harsh reality!







Sorry this is blurry.


Mosaic tile floor designs, are what come to mind.




I'm trying to connect extreme heat to the heavy felted wool uniforms, and I shudder at the misery that must have been.



"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears." -Nelson Mandela

4 comments:

  1. Love looking at your pictures, such wonderful inspiration. The Birds of a Feather looks simple yet complicated. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt with the hexagon stripes has really caught my eye. Stunning! Congratulations to Carol and I wonder who will win Birds of a Feather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Birds of a Feather pattern is wonderful, but I have to say that when you showed it over your sofa, I had to walk into my living room to make sure it wasn't the exact sofa I have. Knew it probably wasn't, but so very similar.
    That last soldier quilt you show--mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete