Friday, October 19, 2018

Wad and Pieced.......





First of all, this pattern will be sent to the first person to respond to this blog post.  Email me at  norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com
Please remember to include your mailing address.



This past August while visiting in Lincoln, Nebraska, we once again visited to Quilt Study Museum.  I will begin sharing the photos from the War and Peace quilt collection which was hanging.






Since the uniform was made from felted wool, raveling was not an issue.  Just as it isn't for the felted wool projects we work on today.






These quilts were intricate and fabulous!  The quilts were roped off, so that we were unable to get close up for photos.










I have many more quilts to share from this exhibit.

"Whatever you want to do, DO IT NOW!  There are only so many tomorrows." -Michael Landon Jr.

Wishing you all an enjoyable Fall week end.




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pattern. Whoever wins it is certainly the lucky one! Have a fabulous Fall day yourself. Loving your "quilt show".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blown away by the works of these men in such difficult circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma precioso patrón
    Me encanta este cojín
    Tu visita al museo muy interesante.
    Las fotos que compartes preciosos edredones.
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  4. War and Pieced looks very complicated! I'm just getting into wool applique-love all the crows and pumpkin patterns. I also love the Michael Landon Jr quote-so true! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillow! And your blog. Thank you for the inspiration! I don’t have a google account, so I’m not sure how to get you my information, if I’m the first commenter. Email you?

    ReplyDelete