Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The snow fell all day!



And it is beautiful, and I have enjoyed it from my windows.  What a perfect day to stay tucked inside.  Bruce has been home today for Martin Luther King Day so we've enjoyed it together.


I love how snow stacks onto level surfaces.  We generally do not have wind with the snow, so there usually isn't drifting.


The Oak trees do not drop their leaves until spring, so they really collect the snow.


I have the Spring banner ready for stitching.  I hope to have the pattern ready in February and  it will be offered through Bits and Bobs Facebook group.  It will also be available on my web site, but the advantage of purchasing through the Bits and Bobs group, is that there is free shipping.


Here is a bit of the detail of the tree, bird and egg filled nest.  You can see the ears of the bunny which is tucked into the tulips.


I found a little bit of time to start some of the stitching.  But mostly today I worked on kits for my upcoming teaching schedule.

In remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., I have some of his encouraging words to share with you.

"If you can't fly then run, If you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."

For me, I do believe my running days have expired, I am just thankful I can walk a descent pace!  But for sure, it's important to keep moving forward in all aspects of our life. 




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your color choices are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow always looks beautiful when it first falls! We haven't had much where I am yet in southern Massachusetts, just below freezing temps in single digits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty spring wall hanging you have created--
    and I can't wait for spring-it has been bitter bitter cold here--well below '0'---!!!!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi to every one, it's genuinely a pleasant for me to go to see
    this web site, it consists of priceless Information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the spring banner! Roll on spring :-), although your snow pictures are nice too :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete