Wednesday, February 13, 2019

A day spent catching up........



Since arriving home, I've been busily trying to catch up...….unpacking and putting sewing things away.  It seems I take everything but the kitchen sink when I head out on the road to teach and attend retreats.  My husband thinks my favorite song is "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson.


I am almost too late to hang this on my door for Valentines Day, but thought it would be sweet for a few weeks.


I've had this heart for several years and still love it.


While I stepped outside, I thought I'd take a picture of our snow.  Bruce and I live in a PUD, (a planned unit development)  which means we have someone who keeps our sidewalks shoveled, grass mowed etc.  We decided when it was just the two of us, that this would be just right for us. :-)


I've made progress on my potholder quilt.  I found time to quilt several of the courthouse steps blocks and have started adding them for my border.  Contemplating whether I will add two rows or just one.


I was able to sew all of my stars for this quilt.  It is an unusual size, but I want it to be just right to hang over our fireplace.  I wanted this quilt to look old, and I think I've achieved the look.


A friend who came from California was busily working on these projects.


Another friend from California, Cheryl, made these stars.


This is a picture of the quilt, I prefer Cheryl's color choice.


This is a class which was taught.  It is called Cobblestones.  I love it!  I made this quilt many years ago and hand quilted it and donated it to the auction which is held every other year to raise money for a local children's hospital.  After seeing this I may have to make it again.

A friend whom I haven't met yet, shared todays quote with me.  It is by Abraham Lincoln. "Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."   Thank you Susie Hoover for sharing it.


4 comments:

  1. Is your potholder quilt a pattern? I love the colors! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the "Cobblestone" quilt blocks - any information regarding the pattern? I would love to give it a try. Your quilts and patterns are THE BEST - thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I find this potholder quilt pattern? Yours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete