Friday, February 15, 2019

Quilt Group.....



Our quilt Group gathered last night, but there was just a few of us.
We enjoyed a cozy warm hearted visit and shared what we are working on.


Liz, shared with us her penny quilt, which is now quilted.  It was love at first sight.  I believe it was a pattern found in American Patchwork. 


Ann and her daughter Brittany, have been taking applique classes from Jeanna Kimball.  Here is one of Ann's blocks.


This is also Ann's.  Jeanna, teaches the back baste applique method.


Brittany, is choosing a bright and bold palette.  She states that the traditional quilters shake their head in wonderment! 


One more block by Ann.


Brittany, has been busily knitting mittens.


Here's me peeking over my quilt which went to the quilter today.


And, my potholder quilt.  I added the border to the left side today.
Many have asked about the pattern for this.  I will first be teaching this at a retreat at Quilter's Station in Lee's Summit in Missouri.  The dates for the retreat are July, 17-the 20th.  This is a marvelous retreat held by an amazingly wonderful quilt store.  You should consider coming.  You will not be disappointed.  The pattern will be available after I've taught it at this retreat.

Someone asked about the Cobblestone quilt which I shared in my last post.  The pattern can be purchased from Under the Garden Moon.

I hope you all enjoyed a Valentines Day that brought you happiness.  Bruce and I are eating out this evening...….and yippee, I will not have to cook.  What more could a girl want. :-)

"I would like to be known as a person who is concerned about freedom and equality and justice and prosperity for all people." 
-Rosa Parks 


1 comment:

  1. Good Afternoon... the penny quilt. Yes, I think that was a Lisa Bongean design (Primitive Gatherings) from APQ magazine. I saved it and just spent an hour looking for that magazine and can't find it! :-)

    ReplyDelete