Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Home Again!



After being gone for two weeks, home seems extra special.
I had a marvelous time at the retreats I attended, but there really is no place like home!  I rejoice that I have a home to come home to, and that I had clear roads for traveling.  The day after arriving home, we woke to a big bunch of fluffy snow!

My first stop was Cedar City, Utah.  I met up there with so many of my dear friends.  Several ladies came from California, and then it is always good to reunite with friends which I only see a couple of times a year.  

I taught 2 classes, and all of my free time, I sewed!  There was a large room for open sew.  In the background was the continuous hum of sewing machines and happy voices.  Oh, what fun it was.  This retreat in Cedar City is a very fun retreat!


I do not remember names of new faces, shame on me!  This is a wool quilt which is by Briarroots Primitives.


I have a tendency to visit all of my neighbors to see what they are working on.  If I sit for too long, there is the problem of getting moving again!  That is a problem for me if I sit for too long.  I thought this witch riding a sunflower was really cute and clever.


Most everyone enjoys wool.  


Karen Adler, was working on parts of Christmas in the Village Green.


These are the stars from the Winter Banner.  That is one of the classes I taught.


These Santa Wall Hangings are adorable!


This is one made from denim...….so cute!




I can not remember this ladies name.  I met her for the first time and am certainly happy that our paths crossed.  She came in one of the California cars. All of the above projects are her accomplishments.


This was in the process of being created!

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." -John Lubbock


2 comments:

  1. Love seeing what everyone is working on. So inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

    Love your quote for the day. Today being Abraham Lincoln's birthday, I thought I'd share one of his.
    "Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."

    I tried to post this earlier but my fat fingers deleted it ... I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you back! Always enjoy your posts

    ReplyDelete