Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A little more snow.......



…… fell today, and it is bitter cold!  I woke this morning to a 59 degree temperature in our house.  I wanted to stay burrowed under the quilts!  The furnace man arrived and remedied the situation.  Thankfully it was nothing serious.  It did take me a while to thaw out.  I wore not only a sweatshirt over a knit top, but also a quilted vest and a hat.  I love hats, but I usually do not prefer wearing them around my house!

I started the summer banner today and I'm excited at how it had come together.  A big part of it, are using the amazing Diamond Textiles.  If your local store doesn't carry them, ask them to.


I have some of the lovely quilts that were shown at the Cedar City Quilt Retreat.  This quilt was very appealing to me.  In fact all of the quilts shown today were exceptional.


Sandy Crabtree had several great quilts hanging.


This colorful fun quilt is a Lori Holt design.




Blackbird Gathering, again a quilt by Sandy.  This quilt is hand quilted.


She has created a stunning combination with lovey small stitch quilting and the big stitch quilting with great affect on the log cabins.




Lisa Rogers, created this wool beauty!  It has fabulously stitched applique.


"Honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need....To me, those are traditional values." 
-Ellen De Genres



1 comment: