Tuesday, February 19, 2019

We are still in the ........



……… grips of winter!  We've had fresh snow, and I'm certain the skiers are delighted.  I am not among their number anymore after blowing out my knee a few years back.  Even with fresh snow, I woke to the birds singing this morning.  They are keeping faith alive that Spring is indeed just around the corner.


Along with my anticipation of Spring, I've completed the Spring Banner.  My son - law Jess, is my photographer, and he is having a busy week, but will try to fit it in as soon as possible, and then shortly after that the pattern will be completed.


In March I will be teaching in St George, and this is one of the classes I will be teaching.  I've been working on kits for this.  The Log Cabins are precut in the kits.




Then I've added the wool, and they will soon be ready.  As I sit at my computer, I just glanced out the window, and the snow is gently falling once again.  I still find it magical, but so are the first flowers of Spring!!!


I have a new little pile of my potholder squares to bind.  I have so enjoyed the process of making this quilt!  Such marvelous little projects to take with me.


Oh Yes, I swooned when I opened a box of fabrics from Diamond Textiles.  My heart beat a little faster and I hyperventilated!  I am in love with these fabrics, and am trying to decide which ones I will want to use in my Summer Banner.


Isn't this the most beautiful buttery shade of yellow!


I had to organize them into piles...….my minds on overload imagining how I hope to use them!  They are all beautiful, but I might share!

For this Presidents day, I decided on this quote to share.
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
-Nelson Mandela


6 comments:

  1. I can see why your heart went pitty-pat over those new Diamond Textiles fabrics. They are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about the fabrics you use this morning. Wondering what was the name of the fabric company? And here is a sampling of it! I love them when I can find them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live the new fabrics you received. Your potholder quilt is wonderful. I know the lucky ones who get to participate in your class will love making it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Spring banner is just adorable! But so is the one under it with the log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my Love held, Love shared hanging above my sewing table. Still am in awe of your potholder quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diamond textile fabric are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete