Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Home Again.......





I spent an absolutely delightful week end with the St. George Guild members and with those in attendance. Everyone was so accommodating and kind.  My classes went well as well as my trunk show.  Julie, came and met me and we stayed in a really nice place called, 'The Roost.'  The time flew by, as it always does when you're having fun.

So let me tell you a bit about the Roost.  It sleeps 8, and has a large room filled with tables, ironing boards and room for a number of quilters to gather and sew.  The large room is 150.00 a day, so split amongst several women it is very reasonable.  It is 45.00 per night for sleeping.  I envision a fun and memorable time for all!  Email renegh@infowest.com 

Before my trunk show I was serenaded by Bruce Bussy, who was instrumental in making the show possible.  He sang the following song to welcome me for the trunk show.  The words were sung to Hello Dolly.

She went away from home up in Salt Lake
Drove down in her personal car
And now that she's here in St. George to be with us
Let's show her just how friendly and how glad we are.

Hello, Norma, well hello Norma
It's so nice to have you here to join our show
You're looking swell Norma we can tell Norma
You've been sewing, You've been quilting for so very long.

I see the room waiting and anticipating
What you've brought to show us in your trunk show, so
Golly Gee. Norma, Show us, we want to see Norma
Wow us with all your real unique designs.

Let me tell you, that was a tough act to follow.  Bruce has a beautiful voice!




I have just a couple of quilts I want to share from the retreat at Bryce.  This one was fantastic and it was created by Sherry Boren.


She combined some of her favorite blocks and this is what she came up with.


Some of the applique blocks were from my design called Remember Me.


Sherry also finished the quilt top for How Does Your Garden Grow.
I love the finish!


Paula McKinley made this wonderful string star.  Loved this one too!


Take a look at the back...… this quilt was made for her grand daughter, Goldie Grace Thatcher.  Just so clever and sweet!

"Happiness is not something ready made.  It comes from your own actions." - Dalai Lama




No comments:

Post a Comment