Thursday, March 21, 2019

Blue skies and sunshine today........




……. just perfect for the first day of Spring. I didn't find much time for sewing today.  I took the time to visit my Dr. and to tend to my hair which was much in need of a hair cut.  

The quilt which I shared yesterday, the star one with the amazingly cute label has a pattern written by my friend Paula.  I can only imagine that some of you would like to make it.  If you do contact her @ pauladmckinlay@gmail.com 


I would certainly like to find the time to make this in civil war fabrics.  However, this bright and perky combination is really cute as well as vibrant.


I wanted to share pictures from one of the vendors at Bryce, when I was there in Feb. for the retreat.  This shop is in Brigham City, Utah.  It is just off of I 15 traveling north towards Idaho.  It is a darling small town and the shop is right on Main Street.  You will not be disappointed if you take the time to visit.  Aren't these blocks wonderful?


They are a block of the month which they are kitting.  These were the first 4 blocks in Mrs. Miller's Apprentice.


Here are some of the other quilts displayed in their booth.


All of the quilts were quite wonderful!


I was especially drawn to this one.  The fun thing about samplers is that each new block is a new project!


The choice of the border fabric really helps in defining this awesome quilt.  I would have never considered the inner muslin border.  It gave me something new to consider.

" I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself." - Steve Tierney 


1 comment: