Friday, May 31, 2019

I think Spring has come......




……. at least to me porch!  We've had a couple of days now without rain, so I've been venturing outside to do yard work.  I'm not complaining about our weather, it's just so lovely to see the sun!  My heart goes out to all of those who have been threatened by storms.  


I decided it was time for a new door mat...… a fresh new greeting at the door.


I needed a bit of patriotic flare....and the wooden angel
 I brought back from a Country Living Fair in Columbus, Ohio a few years ago.  And fresh planted flowers.  The antique cat was rescued from some thrift shop.


Let summer begin!


I adore my rabbit welcome sign...…. the rabbits doing their happy dance.  This was a gift from Julie.


The sun has brought out the rose blooms.


And, the new bushes I planted last year, have their little blooms.  It all make me very happy.  It's the little things.


This is where I approach my day.  I find this cozy corner so very comforting.  Here is where I sip my coffee and read.  It is where I eventually contemplate my day. But, I must start out slow.


I have many more quilts to share with you.  I love to applique, but there is something quite wonderful to simple pieced quilts.


Yes, these Granny squares are sweet.


Another of Paula's quilts...…. her quilts just sing!  




What an adventurous flare she has for color.


Obviously, Paula's son does not have the same appreciation.


So Vintage!


The quilting is marvelous!




Another of Paula's quilts...…. Yes, it would be nice to have this for Christmas.


"Safety is the most unsafe path you can take, safety keeps you numb and dead.  People are caught by surprise when it is time to die.  They have allowed themselves to live so little." -Steven Levine


2 comments:

  1. Your porch looks so welcoming and I love your cozy corner too. Besides tea and a book, it looks like a great place to quietly stitch too. Paula's quilts are certainly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful quilts! I love them all.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Your porch looks great!

    ReplyDelete