Tuesday, June 4, 2019

My car is packed........




……. and I will be heading out tomorrow morning on my next adventure.  I have stitching prepared, kits made for my classes, bunches of quilts in my topper, patterns and a bunch more kits, because I will be doing a trunk show.  There is still room left for me in the drivers seat, and my cup holder is available for a drink.  I have California friends who will be meeting me in Panguitch.  We have a house rented and we will have a fine time!



Gathering Honey.  I had sold out of kits for this so I've made a few more.

 

The same goes for Gardening Angel. I actually took some time to work out in the yard a bit today.  It is nice and warm and is in the 80's.


Close up look.


I found my self drawn to my thirties reproduction fabrics, vintage feed sacks included. And, I've started a new quilt.  Simple basic applique on chambray.


I still have many more quilts to share from the local quilt show, so I'll download a few more pictures today.  The quilting is beautiful.




I've always thought Hedgehogs so cute!  Little turned up nose and all.  I was curious how something so cute ended up having hog in their name.  This is what I found.  "The hedgehog got it's name because of its peculiar foraging habits.  They root through hedges and other undergrowth in search of their favorite foods - small creatures such as insects, worms centipedes, snails mice, frogs, and snakes.  As it moves through the hedge it emits pig -like grunts, thus the name hedgehog."  I wish I had one in my yard taking care of my snails!  Isn't the quilting on this sweet quilt perfect?






Pennsylvania Crossing...… I believe it got this name from the outstanding Pennsylvania Dutch looking border.


A marvelous Irish chain of sorts made from scraps.




Just plain sweetness!





I love how the border accents the coloring in this quilt.

"Because of our routines we forget that life is an ongoing adventure."-Maya Angelou


2 comments:

  1. Safe travels, Norma, to you and your California friends. I'm pretty sure you'll have a wonderful time teaching, making new friends, and reconnecting with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple quarter-circle quilt you're beginning. It would be a good quilt for simple hand-applique and quilting. Beautifully simple!!

    ReplyDelete