Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I'm one happy girl......




……. well, I guess that is an exaggeration of the truth.  But honestly, I feel quite chipper!  And all because my windows were all washed today, inside and out.  All of my screens were vacuumed, and this was all done by an excellent crew, called "No Streak!"  If you need your windows washed and are local, give them a call.  My house is 2 storied, and we've decided that ladders  
might not be advisable.  Besides, I'm certain we wouldn't do as well as this crew does.


There are ever so many reasons to be happy, and this is one of them.  This is such simple applique, and such vintage cheerful fabrics, and as it grows, it is a source of happiness!


And, I've been cutting 1 inch strips, because I want to make a court house steps quilt in red, cream and blue.  My goal is to sew at least 2 five inch blocks a day.  Perhaps some days I'll complete more. 


There were many marvelous quilts from the show which I've been sharing, but this was my favorite!  I love it's folk art charm, and that it tells a story...… Paula's story. This was made during the period in which several of us were working on Jan Patek's Girl Gang projects.  A few of us were inspired to branch out and tell our own stories, and do it with cloth and quilting.  This is all cotton applique.


Paula grew up in South Jordon when it was more rural.


I love how outlandish and unexpected some of her fabric choices are.


This is my favorite section, Paula and her cousins sleeping out under the stars.




I absolutely love the charm this quilt has to offer.


Aniva's work once again.


This is one of Aniva's latest designs.




I fell head over heels for this one too!  I love how the black and white print sets off and showcases the bright colors surrounding the various flowers.  The quilting in the cream zig zag is fantastic!


"Fall in love with your life.  Give yourself permission to have a magnificent obsession.  Life is an amazing adventure.  Have the courage to follow your passion wherever it may take you.  Plead guilty and often, to loving your family and friends.  If you want love, give it away, that's how it works; and where love is present, life is full.  So, follow your life's loves to the end.  Do whatever your heart leads you to do-but do it!"  -Dan Zadra 


1 comment:

  1. Aniva's quilts are amazing in every sense of the word!

    ReplyDelete