Tuesday, June 25, 2019

We've passed the summer solstice......




"Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark." -unknown
This little verse came to mind this morning at around 4 A.M. when I woke to the birds singing their song.  The nights have been so cool so we have been sleeping with our window open and enjoying the fresh cool air.  My sleep hasn't been the best because I took quite a tumble down my stairs Friday morning and I'm in the process of recovering.  The x rays were negative, so that is certainly a plus.  I had recently had a Dexascan and was told I had the bones of a young person, so that is probably the thing that saved me.   There is not a place I do not ache, so I have been mostly reading, until I fall asleep from the results of the muscle relaxers.  Enough about my latest adventures!




Needless to say, I have not been doing any stitching.  It is too difficult to sit.


This retreat is fast approaching, and this is my goal to be fit as a fiddle and ready to travel.


You still have time to sign up for this marvelous retreat!


The quilting on the following quilts is simply fantastic.












I am so happy that these discovered quilt tops by an unknown quilter, were quilted so beautifully.




The quilting is exquisite!


"I'm really convinced that if we were to define love, the only word big enough to engulf it all would be "life".  Love is life in all it's aspects.  And if you miss love, you miss life." - Leo Buscaglia


6 comments:

  1. Here's to a quick recovery. Hate to hear about anyone falling. Your courthouse steps blocks are stunning. I wish I could make it to Stitching with the Stars. We are returning on the 16th from a lengthy visit to the East Coast. I'll be too wiped out, I'm sure. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--first the ladder and now the stairs! I hope this is the end of your accidents and you are feeling better soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your courthouse steps blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, sorry about your tumble! Hopefully you'll have healed in time for that marvelous seminar in July! Thanks for your blog, always enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the spill you took. Hope you heal up quickly. BTW, the quilts you have been sharing are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn. That is a very neatly
    written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your useful information.
    Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

    ReplyDelete