Thursday, July 4, 2019

Independance Day 2019.....



"When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring every tenement and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day  when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old spiritual, "Free at last, free at last.  Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."
- Martin Luther King in 1963

Fifty six years later, and how much progress have we made?  It reminds us that the American Revolution was a beginning, not a consummation.  In the words of William Faulkner, "We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it."

On another note, I wonder if any of you have ever heard of needling?  That is the treatment which they are doing on my lower back, and it seems to be bringing me some relief from the pain I have been experiencing.  I'm hoping for continued progress, as I need to be ready to travel in 1 week.


Isn't this a fantastic quilt!




Mary Queen of Bedford.


A wide variety of techniques were used very masterfully on this extraordinary quilt!






This one swept me off my feet!  Nearly! :-)






So many fabulous quilts today!


"You have to love a nation that celebrated its independence every July 4,  not with a parade of guns, tanks and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism."  -Erma Bombeck

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." - Bill Clinton

"Have a very happy July Fourth!

2 comments:

  1. I have heard of needling. A friend of mine got relief with that many years ago. Hopefully you will, too.
    That sampler quilt takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete